- The R & A rules of Golf apply.
- Four-Ball-Better Ball Handicap allowance is 90% for match play - The back marker now concedes strokes to the other 3 players based on 90% of the difference between the full handicaps.
- Men will play off yellow tees, ladies should use red tees.
- Please note - Current Active or Inactive handicap certificates must be shown to your opponents prior to play commencing.
- Buggies and GPS range finders may be used, in accordance with the rules of the R & A. As a courtesy, please inform your opponents if you intend to use either of these.
- One named substitute player per team is allowed throughout the team’s participation in the competition. Once the substitute has been played they must remain in the competition throughout, thus replacing the original team member.
- The organisers must be notified of any substitute players prior to them playing in the competition.
- Any team that fails to comply with our rules, or is found not to meet any initial criteria, will be disqualified at any time.
- In the case of any dispute the organiser’s decision will be final.
- Participants in The Golf Classic are responsible for payment of green fees (excluding the Grand Final) and any travel expenses incurred during the rounds and including the Grand Final. Note: We always endeavour to match teams to their nearest opponents, owever from time to time, it will be necessary for teams to travel further a field.
HOW IT WORKS Each two-ball team is drawn to play home or away in each
of the five knockout rounds. Green fees are shared between teams. We handle the admin and matching leaving you
to play and get the chance to join other finalists who enjoy free golf, gala dinner and overnight stay at the
beautiful Hanbury Manor. Winners receive £200 pro shop vouchers each and a handsome trophy. There are also prizes
for the runners up, nearest the pin and longest drive!